Wednesday, September 23, 2009

AUNT.ART.ica

John and I are now an uncle and aunt to a precious little boy, Austin.  He was born on September 6th, weighing 8lb 9oz.  We can't wait to meet and hold our new nephew.  He is so precious, and we're so happy for his wonderful parents, Trevor and Jordan.  Congratulations!  We love him so much!



And I couldn't stand for his walls to go bare!  I begged Austin's parents to let me paint some art for his room, and they let me!  Jordan and Trevor chose not to find out the sex (which is the way to go in my opinion:) and therefore had to choose a more neutral bedding.  They went with the Ben collection from Serena and Lily.  Here are some swatches:






I'm a sucker for seersucker, so this fabric won me over from the start.  The blues and oranges were great colors to work with, and especially meaningful to Austin's UNC and Princeton alum parents:)  I'm pretty sure Austin will have the cutest nursery in all of NYC.  Here's his art from his auntie...

a 10x30" name canvas



a series of 16x20s with the animals from his bedding....(and of course some polka dots on the border)




all together now....




a close up of the stripes:)





Welcome to the world, Austin!  You are such a little stud.  Your cousins can't wait to meet you and play with you.  We love you!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the detail in those polka dots and stripes. What cute fabric to pull from! I am sure that is an awesome nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these!!!! Can't wait to put them on the wall!! Austin is going to be a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete