Friday, July 3, 2009

Redfish

Our neighbor is having her 2nd boy, due in August (yes, pray now that she survives this summer heat!), and she wanted a fish painting for his room. Here's the image she wanted painted. The other instructions were a green/brownish background and she wanted it outlined.

Here's what the finished product looked like....

My favorite things about this painting...
1. It's totally out of my comfort zone. All of my clean lines were out the window on this one. It was whimsy and free-handing all the way. Which was surprisingly TONS of fun.
2. The funky, chunky lettering! The paint is a super thick acrylic that adds some texture. I would use the term puff paint, but it's really not puff paint and I don't want to bring up any damaging memories from anyone's elementary school wardrobe. But the paint is similar in that it's raised.
3. I was so focused on this painting that I did a little mock up on a smaller canvas beforehand, just to see if I could do it. And I like that one, too, so now my boys have that one on their wall:)...

Here's to trying something different!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment