Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love is in the Air

***Update January 2013***
The "Convo Hearts" are available for purchase this year!  They are $11 per heart which includes personalization and the ribbon that they hang from.  It's $10-$12 to ship depending on how many hearts you need.  I have a limited number, and they're going fast!
Email me if you would like to order some Convo Hearts!
thepeanutpaintshop@yahoo.com


Christmas paintings were a blur.  Thank you for the busyness!  Sadly, I got so overwhelmed with it all that very few items were photographed.  Shame!  I hope everyone who received a gift from The Peanut Paintshop was thrilled to get it.  Here's to another year!  YAY 2011!

Let's change that Christmas red into VALENTINE RED!  

Starting off with...

"Convo Hearts"
7" wooden hearts with polka dotted ribbon to hang them with!
$9 per heart


An up close of my honey's name.  Even his name is cute. :)


Me:


Jackaroo:


Finley's close up was bleh, so here's the whole gang!  
Exactly where it's hanging in my home.  
Next to the pantry.  
My favorite place.


Owls are on everything these days.  And with good reason.  They're super cute.  
Now they're on a painting.
Hopefully you'll still think they're super cute :)

"Owl Always Love You"
8x16"canvas with matching ribbon
$40


That owl looks so peaceful.  


Makes me want to take a nap.


Or turn my head side ways so I can look at it. 
(I got a new camera, and I have no idea how to use it.)


And if owls aren't enough nature for you...

"Bee Mine"
6" square with matching ribbon
$20


What a fat bee.


What should I do with this bee?
Hang him on the wall?


Or on a door knob?


How about I prop him up on a kitchen counter next to a photo of the two cutest boys on the planet?


or on a table next to a photo of the two cutest boys on the planet? 


Happy New Year.
Happy Early Valentine's Day.
Show your walls, doorknobs, kitchen counters, tables and spaces next to your pantry doors some love this Valentine's season.

37 comments:

  1. I smile every time I look at your new creations! Such talent and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hearts on the ribbon! How did you attach each heart to the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Hard to find this time of year though:(

      Delete
  4. I would love to know the paint colors you used, it you don't mind sharing that information. I have some valentine's projects in mind that are along the conversation heart theme, and you seem to have picked out the perfect paint colors. Thanks. I found your blog vis pinterest (your conversation hearts) this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy the cheapo 2oz tubes from craft stores. I don't buy certain brands, just pale versions of pink, purple, green and yellow. If they turn out brighter than what I want, I add some white, and that's it!

      Delete
  5. Hi there,

    How do I order the conversation hearts? I looked online and I couldn't find that on your web site. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI I just found some wooden hearts on createforless.com they are $2.79 each. They also have smaller ones! I'd love to know which font was used for the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make it up as I go! Sometimes it's hard to paint the letters in such a small space if the name is long, so I have to get a little creative.

      Delete
  7. Love the convo hearts, where would I order?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That conversation hearts wall display is stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cute!! What font is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find out what font this is? I'm curious too.

      Delete
    2. I make it up as I go! I wish there was something more uniform about it, but sometimes if a name is long, I have to paint the letters a little funkier than what I normally would do.

      Delete
  10. I love this idea! So cute and personal! Thanks for sharing and posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What do you use to paint the names? a stencil? I have always done freehand, but I know there has to be a better way that looks more professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freehand, but a good brush is key with wood and small spaces. I use a size 1 round brush. Artist grade.

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for the adorable idea! I featured it on my blog: http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/1998

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought my wooden heart from Michaels Craft Store for $.99 each, paints were $.50 each, ribbon was $1.99, lettering was cut with my friend's cricket machine. Hearts were painted, lettered, and then Modge Podge applied. When dry, I hung the cute display hanging by the ribbon stapled to the back of each heart. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ideas are so cute! I was wondering if you knew what the lettering cut on the cicut machine was called? I know they have names for each of the cartridges. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! These are hand painted. I wish they were cricut. I have tried to figure out those crazy things in the past and can't do it! Sorry I can't be of any help! I'm sure there are many suitable fonts out there. I just don't know the Cricut market!

      Delete
  15. So cute! Any idea what size ribbon you used for the hanging convo hearts? And does a lightweight staple gun work for these types of projects? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth trying a light staple gun. They do get pretty heavy if you have several hearts hanging. I have only used a heavy duty staple gun.

      Delete
  16. Also forgot to ask if you apply any type of finishing/clear gloss spray when you're done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Either will work. I use a gloss lacquer. Spray works, too.

      Delete
  17. I admire your creativity! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the conversation hearts! That is a craft that I am going to HAVE to do with my girls! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. To answer several others' questions, here's what I did:

    Paint: Anita's All Purpose Acrylic
    (Yellow) 11046 Sunshine Yellow - full strength
    (Green) 11057 Spring Green - I used 1 part green to 1/4 part white
    (Pink) 11170 Hot Pink - 1 part pink to 1+ part white
    (Purple) 11147 Iris - 1 part pink to 1+ part white
    These were very true to the actual conversation hearts colors.

    Ribbon: 2"

    Lettering: I'm following the instructions from the comment by Jenniferc6468 on February 13, 2012. However, I cut out my own letters onto red card stock (so no painting the paper) using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. It's just the best one out of the few that I have. I cut them out anywhere from 1.25" to 2" tall, depending on the length of the person's name.

    I hope that helps someone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! Are these still for sale? It looks like the last comment was a couple of years ago, but I thought I'd check anyways. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Zebra True Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, True Colors Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, Ribbon Cartridge in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com/zebra-true.html
    Zebra True Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
    1634521091137-15

    ReplyDelete